Friday, January 23, 2009

Taking Time


Ok, since I started this... oh... WAY too long ago, I'm gonna start fresh now.  

I've read my last post.  My first post.  My only post.  And I've realized that I am still the same way. It's just that now I realize how silly I sound!  Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay just as silly for the rest of my life.  

I'm living on a yacht right now.  I have been working on boats now for 1 year and 3 months.  

As for love... well, I still love it.  Sadly. 

It seems that everyone around me is moving so quickly.  Going places and getting to things in life that I haven't even considered yet.  That is, everyone around me that ISN'T working on boats.  Here, in the water, we tend to just stay where we are.  What we're doing now is exactly what we'll be doing in a year, or 2 or 10 or 45.  And as much as I love this lifestyle, I will have to cut myself off and resume "real life" at some point.  

My best friend got married this past summer.  She's pregnant now.  I'm super excited and can't wait to have a little baby that I can play with and kiss and cuddle and then give back!  She will be an excellent mother!  And her husband will be an excellend father!  

It's these things that I see happening.  That are actually taking place.  Another friend from highschool got married this fall.  And another friend has 2 children already.  Do I want children and do I want to be married??  NO!!!  At least not right now!  But how can everyone my own age be settling?  Should I be at that point?!  Am I behind schedule??!!  

Well, I know I'm not behind schedule or anything... but it has to make me wonder a little.  I wonder if I'll get to that point.  


No comments: